A Career as a Medical Sales Representative
A Medical Representative or Medical Sales Representative is a key link between the Pharmaceutical companies and healthcare professionals. They sell their company’s products like medicines, prescription drugs and medical equipment to a variety of customers such as primary care trusts, hospitals and pharmacies. In this article, you will know about Career as a Medical Sales Representative.
The pharmaceutical industries are growing to a much larger extent. The success of pharmaceutical industries mainly depends on the Medical Representative. So career as Medical Representative is a good choice.
A medical representative is responsible for selling the company’s products to customers and build the company’s image in the market. A medical representative is responsible for contacting potential customers, identifying their needs, convincing them that the products of his company can best satisfy their needs. He is also involved in providing after-sales service.
The medical representative should have many qualities like writing, reading, listening, speaking skills, critical thinking and decision making to perform his job properly as well as he should have proper knowledge about the field like-
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Drug transport
- Disease management
- Therapeutic drugs
- Drug formularies
- Pharmaceutical product knowledge
- Pharmaceutical marketing
- Various government policies related to healthcare
- Various global regulatory authorities like WHO, FDA, WTO, ICH etc.
- Healthcare distribution
- MCI Code of conduct (INDIA)
- Methods of gathering information
- Pre-selling activities and after-sales service
- Use of IT skills for various operational activities
- Patient and physician requirements
Key Roles and Responsibilities – Medical Representative
- Organizing meetings with doctors, surgeons, pharmacists and hospital medical teams.
- Cold calling.
- Making presentations & demonstrations to doctors, practise staff and nurses.
- Identifying and establishing the new business, negotiating contracts.
- Providing all customers with excellent after-sales service.
- Organizing medical conferences.
- Monitoring competitor activity and competitor’s products.
- Staying up to date with the recent clinical data provided by the company, and interpreting, presenting and discussing this clinical data with healthcare professionals throughout presentations.
Summary – Career as a Medical Sales Representative
So Medical representative is the main person, that helps to grow medical and pharmaceutical industries and play a major role in the healthcare system as well as in humanity.
Also Read: How to Join ISRO